10.17.2006

Columbus, Ohio



My weekend in Columbus brought sexy back. Look at that picture. That picture is bringing sexy back. Columbus, the city, is bringing sexy back. Me blogging right now is bringing sexy back. You reading this on your computer is bringing sexy back. Riding on an airplane to Columbus brought some sexy back.

Anyways, this weekend I went up and visited the Conti clan.
We spent most of the weekend talking as a family, catching up on life. At one point, we sat in a big circle and went around the room talking about our most proud sports moments. I obviously had many, and entertained the family with my heroic tales. My cousin Justin's greatest athletic moment was when he was in High School. He would go to football games and point at the marching band. Can you believe that? The single greatest athletic moment in this poor kids life was pointing at a marching band. Everyone felt so sorry for him.

After the sports talk, my Uncle John started making jokes about deaf people. "What? What?," was the punchline. Some of my relatives read this so the blog topic came up at some point. "Who's that Ajax guy that always comments?" someone asked. "Oh he's a guy out in California. He named his kid Ghengis!" All the Conti's exploded with laughter. "No wonder you two get along!"

When we finished our Contichat, we went to church and then ate lasagna. We ARE Italian after all! LoLz/RoFL! It was a good time...and great to see everybody.
My travels are just beginning though! I'm going to be up in Chicago soon, to check out what the Windy City is all about. It should be fun, and I will probably eat 1-4 hot dogs.

9 comments:

Tim said...

at the same time??

emertron said...

You will probably want to eat more hot dogs than that.

Starlet said...

I think I am going to have a single great athletic moment when I figure out how to use pom poms.

Ajax said...

Your family will never understand our impossible love.

Melissa said...

I think I would enjoy meeting your family, especially your mom. She seems like a really nice lady.

House of Suz said...

I need to meet Justin as all my great sports moments are lame too.

Christine said...

I want to pinch your cheeks until you get mad and slap my hand away.

elginroots said...

you should probably let me know more info about this trip because i probably don't remember. you leave monday? an email is in order!

L'Austin Translation said...

Ohio is teh sexxxxy!

If you only eat 4 Chicago style hotdogs, you should be flogged with hotdogs because those are few and far between in these parts.