10.30.2006

changes

Some big news from the Conti camp, if you're intersted:

- I put in my 2 weeks up at work.

- I will be leaving Austin in December, and moving back to Houston.

- I am applying to grad schools, trying for Departments of Writing for TV + Film.


I'm in the middle of the application process (I take the GRE on Friday), and will work on sending in applications throughout November. My apartment lease in Austin is up in December. Because I don't know where I'll be in a year, I can't renew my lease. So I'll be moving back to Houston where I'll try to save as much money as possible. Hopefully I'll get good news in March/April, and will be setting up shop Grad/Film school style.

So that's the scoop. And by the way, I wasn't yakking all week. That was just a lie. I was only yakking for one night. You can't believe everything you read, reader. This IS the internet, afterall.

12 comments:

Ajax said...

Good job getting your life together. One question though, why not skip grad school and just move to LA ? Throw your hat in the fire?

This inspirational message has been brought to you by Dad's International Movitation Society.

explauren said...

follow your dreams!!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Wow, I'm really going to miss you, seeing as how I see you, like, never. I'm really happy for you. That's about as nice as I'm going to get on here.

the pants said...

but i'm going back to sxsw next year! who will get drunk on margarrrrrrrrritas and play video games with me? will no one sacrifice their stomach lining for ihop bacon?!

this message has been brought to you by ambitious drunk losers of america.

Starlet said...

um. everyone is sick. and I am too. And its possible I am too drugged up to even understand this post. but congratulations anyway. I hope your cat didn't die and I already forgot.

Tim said...

Dude! If you go to grad school for writing for tv and film I have a brilliant idea about a script involving a minature horse that works days as a Private Detective, and pursues his dreams of becoming a vegas showgirl at nights. Let me know. I can sell it to you.

L'Austin Translation said...

Conti! Who's going to call me at 2am?!

But I guess you can still do that from the confines of H-Town. Nevermind...

Also, one of my boys moved to LA for a short period to try his hand at comedy writing. He's now back in school but not at all for writing. Anyways, whoever said you should go and try your hand is smart. Before spending thousands of dollars you should make sure it's what you want to do.

Also, write a part for me.

House of Suz said...

Wow, I can't believe I was fooled into thinking you were vomiting for a whole week. I feel so used.

And in response I will be wearing the devil mask and a thong. And that's it. Well, maybe black boots too.

elginroots said...

i don't know what's up, but you spelled chicago h-o-u-s-t-o-n in this post.

pbdotc said...

film school? you're going to need a beret and some jodphurs.

Christine said...

Best of luck to you, my friend! I want a part too.

el Bow said...

Good luck with that GRE. I took it about 4 years ago and remember it being a bitch to prepare for but not so bad to actually sit.