8.14.2006

What's your worst fear?

Last night I had a nightmare. Actually, its "the" nightmare. I've dreamt it over and over. It starts with me at home, writing a hilarious blog entry. I'm writing a great post about how poor people get confused easily. Like how they don't know how to act at a country club, etc. Then, all the sudden, my computer screen goes black. The computer goes to DOS mode, and in the upper left hand corner I read in horror.

Microsoft (R) Windows 98
(C) Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1998.

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop> Its Y2K, Conti.

Then, the screen goes completely blank. Just as it does, I catch a reflection of myself in the now blank screen. Behind me in the reflection, I see another face. I turn around in panic and find myself staring eyeball-to-eyeball with an angry sabertooth tiger. He mauls me from behind, and I scream out in terror. And as the long sword-like upper canine teeth pierce deep into my flesh, all I hear is the sound of a modem.

Being murdered by Y2K and Sabertooth Tigers at the same time. How horrific for me, to think of these things.

11 comments:

House of Suz said...

I wouldn't even be able to sleep ever in fear that I would have the Y2K/tiger dream yet again. I'd be like Al Pacino in that movie where Robin Williams plays the straight guy and NO ONE laughs ever again.

ahmed said...

dude, i had a nightmare last night as well. it was so vivid that it woke me up. i dreamt that my lost cat diesel had jumped on me while i was sleeping and i could feel him breathing on my face. i woke up right in the middle of the dream and for some reason i was so scared that i froze and couldn't even move my head to look around the room. wierd huh? damn felines, always causing terror.

Tim said...

DUDE. This was hilarous. Windows 98?!? HA!

emertron said...

You have been watching too much Lost.

Ajax said...

Getting stuck on an deserted island with Paul Hogan aka Michael J. 'Crocodile' Dundee.

❉ pixie ❉ said...

I'm not sure if I should laugh at that or be sad for you.

the pants said...

people who have nightmares about aborted blog posts are my worst nightmare, saber tooth tigers are HOT SHIT! although i would prefer to be murdered by velociraptors.

emertron said...

Yo Conti....
I thought you were going to email me your digits so that I can drunk dial you.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Headache zoloft kavanaugh barrister solicitor windsor ouellette License plate frames canada flag Ppc 4100 Luxury holiday india last minute

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »