3.20.2006

Daytona and The Reez

The following is Part 1 in a series of posts about my time spent in Daytona Beach, FL. This particular post focuses on The Reez. The Reez is a 24-year-old Houstonian who I've known since High School.



The Reez' life changed in Daytona. It happened when we were walking to the club on Sunday night. We were going to an uberkewl club called 'Fuel' or 'Gas' or something like that with our new friends from Truman St.

Even though we'd been drinking since noon, it was impossible to miss the loud Christians. They had huge crosses with them, and they kept shouting out of bullhorns. According to these loud Christians, God didn't want us to drink and dance. God wanted us to think about hell and join the ranks by becoming a loud Christian.

As we passed by them, a loud Christian handed The Reez a million dollar bill. The Christian didn't say a word...just handed it over like a piece of candy on Halloween night. Right there on the street. Can you believe it? Sure it had ---"The million dollar question is- Do you want God in your life?"--- written on the back of the bill. But fuck--a million dollars? That's life changing shit.

Money is a strange thing, man. An overhyped rapper once said "Mo money, mo problems." I guess that's true because the attitude of the group changed immediately. Notice how in the above picture Chuck tried to grab at the money. Everyone wanted the mill-bill. I mean: Money=Power. Power=Tan Babes.

The Reez, normally friendly and generous, was obviously affected with his new power. I knew the money had gone to his head when I overheard his conversation with the kid who was waiting behind us in line at the nightclub.

Kid: "Hey fellas, you know how much cover is tonite?"

Reez: "I don't know. But it doesn't really matter since I have a million fucking dollars, dude."

Then he waved the Grover Cleveland in his face.

Even I, overcome with greed and rum, tried to steal from The Reez. Despite my power advantage, I was unsucessful. Notice how low The Reez got. That's essential while defending your bounty.

Daytona drama, dudes.

None the less, being a millionaire had its advantages. To think that a green piece of paper with a picture of a dead guy with a bushy moustache could create such a female frenzy. Every lady in Daytona wanted a piece of The Reez. The Truman St. girls. Girls with bad accents from Georgia Southern. Girls who were paid to look cute and pass out gum. Groin-on-groin grinding girls on the dance floor. Girls Girls Girls.

It was truly a remarkable night to be a part of. But then again so is every night that your with The Reez. He's just that type of guy.

Part 2 coming soon.

18 comments:

Ajax said...

Nicely excecuted Reez post.

ica said...

i need to get my hands on a mil bill.

oh and i agree about the over-hyped thing.

Conti said...

what overhyped thing?

emertron said...

Holy shit, that 2nd picture is uberfantastic.

Did you see my dad down there? I told him to look out for you.

Melissa said...

Why did you have oversized carrots in your condo? Does having a million dollars means you get to buy giant vegetables?
You look great, by the way. I now feel comfortable helping you flog.

Conti said...

haha thanks Melissa---and actually great eye.

That was the Truman St girls condo...it was a weird retro condo with unusual decorations.

At one point The Reez actually picked up the oversized carrot (1st pic) and said "Whats up Doc?"

I think you had to be there- but it was hysterical.

Tim said...

How come all your friends have names that start with "The"?

Anonymous said...

The Reez has nothing on The Rook

Conti said...

haha i wonder who 'anonymous' could be? rec at 545, Rook?

Anonymous said...

The Rec at 545, signed The Best The

Anonymous said...

I am actually a fan of the machine, and no....this is not the machine but it is infact the one and only Anonymous.....I am still very pissed at the amount of people that impersonate me....

oh and you look like a million conti, have you been working out?

Steph said...

i don't know about you, but after I read that post, I got kinda hungry.

Christine said...

Haha Goodtimes, yo! I can't stop laughing at the second picture.

You are so adorable!

Conti said...

What made you hungry, Steph? The oversized carrot? Or was the post long? Please, explain your hunger.

Who doesn't love The Machine, anonymous? He's the most likeable guy in the world, I think...Perhaps you should get another handle/name so there is no confusion...thanks for noticing I've been playing a lot of bball lately...

Anonymous said...

I had this fucking handle first...it was all witty and such and then some fuck hole came along and took it....I am really pissed

OneOfThem said...

So about this facebook stuff. I can't find you. I want you to be my friend. There are many Michael/Mike Conti's but none from Texas. Help!

Conti said...

For some reason I dont come up under University of Texas search...I'm listed in Austin, TX. Here is my link, I hope:

http://utexas.facebook.com/profile.php?id=7953411

oneofthem said...

Yeah the url doesn't work - it just directs me back to my facebook home page :(. Maybe on your settings you're set to not let people from other schools see you have an account?? I don't know. Search for Teryn from Northwestern (IA) and you can add me to your friends!