2.28.2006

Like Johnny, I'm back

Some unusual things have been going on in my life.

-I went on 2 dates with the co-host of Austin's most popular morning radio show. The show coined me 'The Itallian Stallion' and talked about the dates on the air. It was pretty bizzarre. Most of the talk was positive, although they did dog me pretty hard for playing screw (a slowed style of Houston rap music) in the car.

What was funny was these ghetto girls called in and defended me. "I think its cool that he played screw...it shows that he has a variety of music tastes and you can take him to da club and he'll be aight." There won't be a 3rd date though...not enough connection and not enough flirting.

-I was sick this weekend and all that went into my body was water and red gatorade. Now I'm peeing pink!

No, really. I'm peeing pink. It's beautiful in a weird, urinetastic way.

-I lost my cell phone and now I remember what 1996 was like. A lot more quiet. What's weird is there are probably 10 people's numbers in that phone that I doubt I'll ever talk to again. That's life...oh well.

-Jessica sent me 2 VHS tapes that I have yet to watch. Much like her blog and what I imagine her personality would be, the package was very colorful and decorative. No boring and mundane packaging for her. I will probably send her a thank-you card in 44 days.

-Last night I had a dream that Ajax came to Texas and had a big birthday party. There were a lot of people, and he danced on stage without smiling. It was terribly disorganized though, and there was a major accident where 30 people, including Madonna, were crushed. Also I was shot in the leg at some point. It was a weird dream.

-I'm deciding on what I should give up for Lent. I'm thinking about giving up TV. Man, that would be tough but soooooo beneficial. I'd be sooooooo productive. But it would be soooooooo hard. I don't know, what do you think?

-T-minus 12 days until my much-needed Floridian vacation.

19 comments:

Steph said...

UUUUUGGGHHHHHHH! I forgot about lent. Does giving up your virginity count?

Sean said...

I'm giving up Religion for Lent.

Tim said...

Did you kiss him at the end of your date?

Conti said...

It was a girl Tim, and NO.

Ajax said...

Tv = prison rape.

Radio personalities got personality but not personally?

Thanks for having me have a fun time in your dream. I will be happy to not smile at your events in the future.

Melissa said...

I'm giving up alcohol for Lent. Here's to a really boring Lenten season!

el Bow said...

Ya, dates, eh! They are certainly something.

So, I gather that you knew who she was? Did you not find yourself being quite self-conscious the whole time, mindful that this would all be disected?

Did you tell her about moustachio?

Did you mention me? That might have won you some kissing points.

ica said...

did i send it 44 days after i said i would or something?

ARE YOU PLAYING "TIT FOR TAT" WITH ME?

the date sounds cool. how'd you meet her?

Rook said...

Are you not gonna post about the adventure you had while losing your phone?

Conti said...

that was no adventure, rook. it was a lesson.

Melissa said...

El Bow, it's not possible for Conti to be self-conscious. He's way too awesome to worry about what other people think about him. He's also very friendly.

Rod Renegade said...

Send me a tape... I want school up on this screw thang... just so someone can to take me to da club and I'd be 'aight...

el Bow said...

I'm also too awesome, but I'm still neurotic.

Rook said...

I listend to part of the radio show this morning and she did sound dorky.

Conti said...

She's cool, just not my special someone.

Rook said...

Well dont worry, youll find her Mikey. You going to be going to the rec today?

emertron said...

Did you lose your phone when you were drunk? 'Cuz that's when I lose my phone. Or when some fucking psycho named Crazy Dan just 'happens' to find it in his pocket on Saturday morning. Um, yeah.

Steph said...

i have a serious question Conti: How do men tell if a girl is "that special somone?" What is determined? Besides making you ham sandwiches.

Alex said...

Hey, I just landed on your blog. It's really great. I'm actually searching for information on how to produce 'How-to Videos' for a business idea.
I've only found one site so far digital video editing It's got a great course on DVD's but it's a little expensive for me at the moment. Anyway I'm going to bookmark you and come back

Regards
Alex