11.02.2005

Trapped Mags

(Updated on 11/03***)


I posted on the "Free Stuff" section of Craigslist.

http://austin.craigslist.org/zip/108381195.html

1st Response - Jill:

Hi, I was interested in the cage you used to hold magazines. Is it still available. I am in north Austin as well. Feel free to call (xxx-0262) or email. Thanks.

Me:

Yes what are you planning to do with the cage? I'll have to know.

Jill:

I was planning on using it for one of two things. First, for the magazines and possibly newspapers, like you had mentioned. And second, possibly for my doggie toys for my two dogs depending on the size of the cage. : )
Thanks again.
Jill xxx-0262

Me:

NO. NOT Happening. Doggie toys? Dogs have saliva that will rust the cage. This is a cute cage. You will not be getting this cage. Try someplace else sister.

2nd Response - Dem:

I will be in town Sunday and can pick up the cage if it's still available.

Me:

Will you be taking this cage out of Austin? What will you be using the cage for?

Dem:

I live out in the country and have all kinds of animals. Depending on the size I might be able to use it for a little dog or cat or a goose or chickens or if it's large enough maybe for the goats. But I think you said it was fairly small so probably a little dog will get it for sleeping in.

Me:

I'm sorry sister but I've decided to keep the cage. I love this cute cage too much. Call me crazy. LOL. Also I always hated zoos and can't envision a caged goat where my mags were. I'm going to take down the posting. I'm sorry for wasting your time. Good luck!

Dem:

Mike,
I can understand since you seem to be attached to the cage. I just wanted you to know if I got the cage it would be used and not wasted sitting around. I don't cage my goats except to give them shots or take them to an auction or something like that and normally it takes a trailer.
Thanks,
Dem

Me:

No prob Dem. Thank you for understanding. It's my first cage - now that I think about it I want this one to be my last! Have a great day!

3rd Response - Twisty

First off let me say i am NOT interested in the cage, but your posting makes no sence at all. I even read it to a friend and they were baffled. What type of cage is this, a bird cage, a dog crate???? And why the hell would you put magazines in a cage, they arent going anywhere. And I'm from up north .... a coastal town, lots of lobstermen, you do catch lobster with a cage, its not weird at all. But what the hell made u think about putting a baby in a cage, thats just sick, no one in their right mind would even think of that. I'm sure it got a lot of laughs, but you should just throw the damn thing out, if it cant b used for what cages are made for. Like to hold a lil bird or a lobster. lol Again, no one has any clue what kind of cage this is..... so good luck getting rid of it.
Twisty®

Me:

Dear Twisty,

First off, you'd be interested in this cage if you saw it. This cage is so cute.

Next is this posting does make cents. I don't like you saying all this and that about a dog crate and bird cate. This isn't a crate. It's a cage. I put my mags in the cage so I'd know where the mags are at all times. Also I can put the cage in the back of my truck and take my mags to my grandma's house. That way my mags are always with me.

You and your northern friend each too much lobster. Lobster are sea creature mushes.

And also you're wrong about someone not wanting the cage - Someone already took it. He came to my place and took that cage. When he was leaving he said he was a gypsy but I hope he was joking. He had long hair. Do you think he could have been a gypsy? I hope he wasn't because I loved that cage and I don't think a gypsy would take care of it.

34 comments:

Mike said...

Nice add. I sold my hope chest on craigslist last month.

Ajax said...

I recently sold all my cages.

The Prose~cuter said...

I like how you specified that it is odorless.

Lauren McClendon (I had to go back to the old school spelling) said...

I LOLed a lot reading this blog entry

Jen said...

Once you put the ad out there, you can't take it back! You Indian Advertiser, you! Find a worthy owner for your odorless, smallish cage immediately! =)

Christine said...

You're hilarious.

ica said...

Have you ever read "Letters from a Nut?" If not, DO IT ASAP.

Tim said...

your cage sounds awsome. I love my oversized bucket, but it's probably no match for your cage.

the pants said...

what if one wanted to store books in it? would you deny any books shelter in your cage?

Rod Renegade said...

I'm surprised you never said how BIG your cage was. Hmmmm that sounds a bit weird.

So this girl walks into a bar and says... I'd like a double Entendre... and the bartender GAVE her one.

Melissa said...

I understand how it's hard to get rid of your first cage. I'm glad you decided to keep it though so that you two can continue to have many, many more years together. Aw, love!

TinaPoPo said...

Jessica, I was also thinking about Letters from a Nut!

This is so funny. I am having the absolute worst day and this completely cheered me up.

RitMeyer said...

Funny stuff. I love that you interviewed people for your cage like you would if you were selling your kid.

emertron said...

You crack my shit up.

Harry Yak said...

i'm so sorry to hear that the cage is no longer available. i was going to inquire if i could have it even though i had little hope since i live outside the north austin area. i am starting to think about getting some magazines myself and will need a good starter cage to put them in. i'll keep looking.

(tinapopo sent me)

Anonymous said...

Hi, my friend told me about your blog here so I came to look. I think it's great and quite interesting so I bookmarked it. Hope you don't mind...
we have a great free french kissing tips website if you're into romance, but it's nothing special. You are seriously doing a great job so congratulations!

~ have a great day! how to kiss
and come check out my blog...

Conti said...

Thanks for the smoochie tips, babe

Conti said...

Also yes I have read and loved Letters From a Nut. Did you hear the rumors that the writer was actually Jerry Seinfeld? Did anyone ever find that out?

Sean said...

Mike, The most overlooked part about your last response was the fact that the inquirer spelled "sense" wrong so you decided to spell it wrong back to him too in another form. kudos. That was the only part I laughed at. Everything else was rubbish.

Conti said...

haha I'm glad you caught that Sean.

Rod Renegade said...

Gypsies are great at 'taking care of things'. Trust me.

TinaPoPo said...

This post makes no cense.

haha!

Ceiling Fan Wiring Diagram said...

Hey Conti you said it this post now that rings true. I swear by my homes ceiling fans, talk about sweet cool fresh air beats air conditioning any day!
I found some good deals through Hunter Ceiling Fan Part and other resource sites. Anyway if people need Hunter Ceiling Fan Part related stuff they should check it out.

Ceiling Fan Wiring Diagram said...

Hey Conti you said it this post now that rings true. I swear by my homes ceiling fans, talk about sweet cool fresh air beats air conditioning any day!
I found some good deals through ceiling fan install kit and other resource sites. Anyway if people need ceiling fan install kit related stuff they should check it out.

ica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ica said...

No it was NOT Seinfeld. He wrote the intro to the 2nd book, which might be where the rumor started?

Rod Renegade said...

Well there's the proof... most of the folks who comment one here are really big fans of yours!!

Rod Renegade said...

NO... "on here"... I meant to say "on here"... that "e" should not only have been silent, it needed to be invisible... dagnabbit

Anonymous said...

So when you're in the mood for some little people fucking , please do check out the potential of Being Short Sucks . com ! Let us know what you think

Conti said...

haha i hate these ad things

Melissa said...

Wow, you have thirty comments. Is that a record for you?

Conti said...

yes ma'am!

missbhavens said...

It's late, I'm punchy, I can't sleep, and I've been wandering around the internet looking for nothing in particular and now I FOUND IT! I found the thing that made me laugh so hard a little post-nasal drip flew out of my nose and land on my screen. That was gross, but how it got there was hilarious and NOW I think I can sleep peacefully.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »