8.03.2005

a repost

"I didn't grab Nurse Duckett by the bosom," said Yossarian.
"I grabbed her by the bosom," said Dunbar.
"Are you both crazy?" the doctor cried shrilly, backing away in palling confusion.
"Yes, he really is crazy, Doc," Dunbar assured him. "Every night he dreams he's holding a live fish in his hands."
The doctor stopped in his tracks with a look of elegant amazement and distaste, and the ward grew still.
"He does what?" he demanded.
"He dreams he's holding a live fish in his hands."
"What kind of fish?" the doctor inquired sternly to Yossarian.
"I don't know," Yossarian answered.
"I can't tell one kind of fish from another."
"In which hand do you hold them?"
"It varies," answered Yossarian.
"It varies with the fish," Dunbar added helpfully.

---Catch 22, Joseph Heller

10 comments:

Ajax said...

Reading: it's what's for dinner.

Melissa said...

I'm so awesome! I knew it was Catch 22 right into the first line.Okay, that actually makes me kind of nerdy...

Conti said...

I wish Yossarian was my best bud

emertron said...

Poor Doc Daneeka.

Jeff said...

poor Daneeka? what about poor Major Major Major Major?

that poor bastard

the pants said...

that is one of my top 3 books of all time. will you be my boyfriend?

we could both sit in the tree naked.

Conti said...

Could I keep my underwear on? I don't want any lizards to crawl on my penis.

Ajax said...

Hey I just invented a new slogan for the national literacy program:

"RE-DANG!"

instead of "reading", get it? It will be on posters with a guy reading a book but then maybe a cute girl walks by.

I don't know.

Conti said...

haha Ajax I totally visualize that in my head

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »