8.03.2005

Musis

Some babe wants to get to know more about me. She tagged me. Tagging is kind of like an online booty call, if you didn't know. This is what I am supposed to do:

List ten songs you are currently digging. It doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs on your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they are listening to.

1.) Ween - Buenos Tardes Amigo ~ I downloaded this song on accident and wow. Talk about perfect.
2.) Raffi - The Ants Go Marching ~ I really like The Ants Go Marching and Raffi does a good job. I wish some rapper would make a badass Ants Go Marching remix...potential there!
3.) Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds ~ I'd really like to see NIN live.
4.) Spoon - I Turn My Camera On ~ It's been so long since I've liked alternative/rock.
5.) Michael Watts and David Banner - Might Getcha (Chopped + Screwed) ~ Any song that begins with a gun shot and then has Southern rappers flow over a children lullaby is a keeper.
6.) SPM - I Must Be High ~ While making Ajax a rap CD, I've revisited some oldies and this song is still pretty siiick.
7.) Donna Lewis - I Love You Always & Forever ~ A great girl song to listen to real loud when no one is around.
8.) Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out) ~ Reminds me of when I saw Radiohead live.
9.) BT - Dreaming ~ I don't know why, but I've liked this song for a while.
10.) Real Recognize Real - CD 2, Track 2 ~ This song gets me jacked up about life. I don't know the name of the track because the CD hasn't left my stereo since I got it.


I'd really like to know what Jeff the Yuppie, Ajax, The Pants, Mary Anne, and Liron are listening too. I need new music for life.

11 comments:

Ajax said...

Christ, 10 songs? Fuck.

1. "Get Black" by the Ponies - it sounds just like a boring rock song and it kind of is, but I like it a lot. "The new Ponies album" is supposed to be really really good.

2. This song I found on my IPuD.I have no idea what it is, but it's kicking my ass. It sounds like a turkish beastie boys.

3. "Decatur" - Sufjan Stevens. I've been trying to hate this guy for weeks but last week I heard two songs from his new album that were really great and I can no longer hate him. Fuck!

4. "So Good" - Gogogo Airheart. They were San Diego noiseniks and now they are playing boring rock like the Pony's. Which apparently I like a lot.

5. Goddamn I'm only at five? Fuck. Destination Diamonds - Diamond Nights. A new band from the Bronx, they play thin-lizzy style and make me want to rock again.

6. "Dancing in the Moonlight" - King Harvest. I listen to a lot of '70s pop, and it doesn't get any better than this.

7. "Hellhound" - Sir Lord Baltimore. Amazingly over-the-top metal from '71.

8. Someone needs to buy me this picturedisk by So So Many Many White Tigers.

9. "Answering Machine" - a hot b-side from Rupert "Pina Colada Song" Holmes

10. I have mp3's of most of this shit, so let me know if you want to hear anything.

Melissa said...

Aw, you called me a babe :). I can't get over the fact that you like screwed music, that's just amazing. I don't like screwed music so I always find it entertaining when others do. And Ajax? Sufjan Stevens is so beautiful; you cannot hate the Sufjan!

Liron said...

Hi! Long time reader, first time poster here. Here's my list. It's an artist list, not a song list.

1. Otis Redding
2. James Carr
3. Wilson Pickett
4. Sly and the Family Stone
5. Aretha Franklin
6. Parliament
7. Funkadelic
8. Marvin Gaye
9. James Brown
10. Dollar Dan and the Change

Those are the only ten names you need to know. After that, everything just starts to work out for you.

Jeff said...

1.) "She Sends Kisses" - The Wrens; the best band with the worst luck in the world..coming to town at teh end of the month MADATORY ATTENDANCE

2.) "How the Beatles Fought Communism" - Marvel the King; one of the few austin bands i actually like right now

3.) "Black History Month" - Death From Above 1979; just bass and drums (lil bit o synth) with a good screamy ending

4.) "This Modern Love" - Bloc Party; like The Police for emo kids

5.) "Non-Photo Blue" - Pinback; indie rock meets indie pop meets a cool little vocal chorus

6.) "Dizzy" - Ours; boy sounds like Jeff Buckley with a razorblade against his wrists

7.) "Life Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance" - Matthew Good Band; one of the few fine candian bands

8.) "Misfortune" - Injected; the modern rock band that all hardcore punk kids like

9.) "Zero Chance" - Soundgarden; back when Chris Cornell could sing

10.) "011702 demo" - The Consequences of Progressivism; have to plug my shit eventually www.myspace.com/tcop

Conti said...

4/5 have checked in...where are you Marry Anne?

Can't wait to get home and download these songs and just be happy and alone and loud and grateful and smiles and unique and ready and tired and neat.

Conti said...

And Melissa I LIVE FOR SCREW. It's odd because its not very good mucis...but I just can't get enough. It's an H-town thing.

The Prose~cuter said...

Heyy, online booty call? Count me right in.

1. Ace of Base: Dancer in a Daydream
2. The Allman Brothers Band: Midnight Rider
3. Lynyrd Skynyrd: Free Bird (1973 cut)
4. Calexico: Guero Canelo
5. Pink Floyd: Money
6. Leonard Cohen: Take This Waltz
7. Johnny Cash: I Walk the Line
8. Eric Clapton: Cocaine
9. Sonic Youth: Freezer Burn/I Wanna Be Your Dog
10. Outkast: So Fresh and So Clean

The Prose~cuter said...

now reading back over what others have chosen, i now gather that i was supposed to list stuff you've never heard of. sorry about that.

Conti said...

Duh Maryanne how unblog of you to post songs that people have actually heard of.

The Prose~cuter said...

unblog... wow. if that isn't enough to send me skulking off into obscurity, i don't know what is. in my own defense, you didn't exactly lay out the criteria in the instructions. so much for my two cents. maybe today i'm thinking of a whole NEW list of songs that you and your blogfriends haven't heard of. don't bet on it though.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! vw gti santa monica