8.17.2005

Le Tartuffe

This poem was written by Michael Conti on August 17th, 2005:

Smooch on Friday
Windsurf on Saturday

cry cry have a good cry
cry cry have a good cry

Smooch on Sunday
Smooch on Monday

cry cry have a good cry
cry cry have a good cry

Tuesday is very different, eat some meat
Tuesday is very different, eat some meat

Wednesday is an off day, do as you please
Wednesday is an off day, do as you please
Wednesday is an off day, do as you please

Thursday is sad day, don't be glad
Tell all your friends that you are sad
Let you best girl know that smooching is bad
If she gives you lip then get real mad
Steal her things until she appreciates you
Steal from her and show her your pain
Make sure she knows that you are disappointed

This is the week and how you should live
This is the advice that I have to give
I am very old and don't know technology

Don't you want to go fishing with grandpa?
Don't you want to go fishing with grandpa?
The polar bears won't claw at you
I promise I'll row if they come
Please come away from the computer
Be with your old fathers father

cry cry have a good cry
cry cry have a good cry

19 comments:

Conti said...

Great poem, myself

Ajax said...

Hyperbolic complementations on your poesy, dude.

Also, where my summer jam at?

Anonymous said...

I don't like it

the pants said...

ok, THAT is going to be my new blog subtitle

Clare said...

Pants, it was a compliment

Conti said...

Ajax -

Yeah I've really dropped that summer jam ball. 2 of the 3 CD's are created. The 3rd has not been created. I don't have a decent mp3 to wav converter. I need to search for one.

Conti said...

Also did I miss something? I don't understand anyone's comments?

emertron said...

I think you should quit your day job & be a travelling poet. That's the life.

the pants said...

go to my page and you will see your genius upon the header

TinaPoPo said...

This is more beautiful than words can say. In fact, a word needs to be invented to sum up its beauty. This word: surmuffolous.

Ajax said...

A triple-album? So send the first two.

Summer's almost over gas-man, I need to get my jam on.

Conti said...

Ajax - you got it - tommorow i send.

Melissa said...

Is this going to be included in an anthology?

TinaPoPo said...

I just read this again and it made me laugh even harder.

Jeff said...

http://yuppieprick.blogspot.com

the yuppie adventure has been updated

The Prose~cuter said...

i love it!

erin said...

this is probably the best poem i have ever read.

who knew you could show pain through stealing. i must be in hell of pain.

Tim said...

Does this poem have something to do with the rising price of gasoline?

Conti said...

Wow my poem went over like gangbusters...maybe I should write more of it